LOCATED 2 MILES EAST OF SHUR-GRO, THEN 1 MILE NORTH
Please click here to view By-Law 4-2020 Nuisance Grounds Regulations.
Landfill Hours of Operation:
THE LANDFILL WILL BE CLOSED MONDAYS NOV. 2, 2020 TO MAR. 31, 2021
TUESDAY 8:00 – 11:45 A.M. 1:00 – 4:45 P.M.
WEDNESDAY 8:00 – 11:45 A.M. 1:00 – 4:45 P.M.
THURSDAY 8:00 – 11:45 A.M. 1:00 – 4:45 P.M.
FRIDAY 8:00 – 11:45 A.M. 1:00 – 4:45 P.M.
SATURDAY 8:00 – 11:45 A.M. 1:00 – 4:45 P.M.
The landfill is closed on all statutory holidays.
*ALL COMPOST MATERIAL MUST BE REMOVED FROM CONTAINERS OR
*ALL LOADS MUST BE COVERED AND SECURED TO REDUCE LITTER
ALONG THE ROADWAYS.
ALL LOADS GOING TO THE DUMP ARE TO BE COVERED to prevent littering and materials should be separated for ease of placement in correct locations at landfill. Please ask attendant where to place specific recyclables.
- Used wet-cell (i.e. car) batteries
- All scrap metals
- Wire (Please place on the "wire pile”.)
OIL FILTERS: Place in appropriate drums provided at the site.
- Used engine oil filters
- Used hydraulic oil filters
OILS: uncontaminated by antifreeze, solvents, gas or diesel fuel
- Used gear oil
- Used hydraulic oil
- Used gear oil
- Used antifreeze
- Used solvents
- Chemical, pesticide & fertilizer containers
- Oil containers
TIRES: removed from rim
- All used tires
WOODEN FREIGHT PALLETS
- All Lakeshore Drive and up to Mountain
- All south of Park Street except Ellis Drive
- All businesses on Broadway
- All north of the tracks
- Government Road east
- All east side of Broadway
- Golf Course and Oak Point
- Broadway to east side of Rossmore
- Lakeview Gardens
- Royal Manor
- Businesses on S. Railway
- Businesses on Broadway
- Ellis Drive
- Industrial Park
- West side of Rossmore and King
- Young, Galway Bay, Wells
- Businesses on Broadway and Lakeshore Drive:
- Beach Hut
- Ag Grounds
- Lakeside Christian School
- West Glen
- Golf Course
- Trailer Court
*Please note: there is no longer compost pick-up services offered with garbage pick up.