Planning Officer Rachel AndrewsOffice located downstairs in Municipal Office
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
If you plan on building in the Municipality of Killarney – Turtle Mountain you are required to obtain a building permit prior to construction.
If you are planning to install a fence, build a deck or do some home improvements to your home in the Municipality of Killarney-Turtle Mountain you are required to obtain a development permit prior to the new installations. (Some examples of home improvements include: new doors, windows, siding replacement & deck replacement).
Permits are required for:
- Construction of any building
- The addition, extension, improvement, alteration or conversion of any building, structure, or portion thereof;
- The repair of any building or structure;
- The relocation or removal or demolition of any building or structure;
- The excavation of any land for purpose of erecting or locating on or above it, any building or structure;
- Other examples include: homes, garages, storage sheds, attached carports, decks, concrete work, apartment blocks, hotels & motels, commercial or industrial buildings, agricultural buildings, barns, sheds, etc.
- Development permits are required for fences and soft sided / temporary structures.
- Permits are not required for painting or decorating. Permits are not required for other non-structural alterations or repairs where the value of such work is less than seven thousand dollars ($7000.00).
- Where a permit has not been obtained prior to the commencement of the actual work, the permit fee shall be "double” the normal rates;
- Any person that contravenes, disobeys or refuses, or neglects to obey may be guilty of an offense and subject to summary conviction under provisions of the By-Law.
Call Killarney-Turtle Mountain Planning at 523-8327 for info and an appointment. You will need a site plan and a copy of your blueprints for a building permit.
DISTRICT FEE SCHEDULE
|Main Floor||$60.00 base fee & .25/sq. ft.|
|Each Additional Floor||.25/sq. ft.|
|Basement||$60.00 base fee|
|Grade Beam, Piles & Crawl Space||$60.00|
|Garages, Carports & Accessory Building(s)||$90.00|
|Covered Deck(s) same as new additions|
|New Commercial (non-residential)||$60.00 base fee & Less < 3,000 sq. ft. .12/sq. ft. Greater > 3,000 sq. ft. .06/sq. ft.|
(Barns, Large Sheds, Open Housing)
|$60.00 base fee & .03 / sq. ft.|
(Renovations only, it is included in the building permit fee)
|$30.00 flat fee|
FAILURE TO OBTAIN PERMITWhere a permit is required and where a permit has not been obtained prior to the commencement of the actual work, the fee shall be double the normal rate.
Whenever a permit is surrendered for cancellation within six (6) months of obtaining the permit, a refund of the fees paid shall be made after deducting $60.00 plus any inspection fees.
RTM HOMES AND BUILDINGS
New RTM's from outside the planning district shall be inspected by the authority having jurisdiction of that area and a copy of the building inspection report and permit application shall be provided. Where there is no such authority the inspection shall be carried out by the planning district development officer. The inspection fees shall be equal to a new residential fee plus mileage.
MOVE IN PERMIT
RTM/Older home shall be inspected before being moved into municipality, this inspection shall be $20.00 per hour, plus expenses, if located outside our municipality.
- Zoning Memorandum $30.00
- Zoning By-Law Amendment $720.00
- Development Plan Amendment $720.00
- Conditional Use Order *Urban $240.00
- *Rural $120.00
- ILO Conditional Use Order $600.00
- Variation Order $240.00
- Development Permit $ 30.00
- Demolition/Removal Permit $ 30.00
Soft Sided / Temporary Structures
A resolution has been passed to the effect that:
- All residential soft-sided shelters are to be classified as Temporary Buildings under the Residential Zoning By-Law;
- A validation period of six months with an automatic renewal period of six months;
- Owners of soft-sided shelters must pay $30.00 for a development permit annually;
- Shelters must conform to the zoning by-law site distances
- Commercial soft-sided structures are to be treated the same as any other commercial structure